Dr. Del Corral, FACS - Plastic Surgeon
Discover the secret to getting the most natural results:
Dr. Del Corral is Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and the Director for the Medstar Center for Gender Affirmation. He is part of the MedStar Health Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery team at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center in Baltimore and MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. Dr. Del Corral is Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and the Director for the Medstar Center for Gender Affirmation. Recognized as one of the region’s most experienced microsurgical specialists, he provides comprehensive reconstructive surgical care for patients undergoing treatment for both malignant and benign breast conditions, as well as gender affirmation patients. In all cases, Dr. Del Corral applies the latest, most innovative surgical techniques to optimize outcomes, the recovery process, and comfort for his patients.
As a breast reconstruction specialist, Dr. Del Corral has extensive experience performing a wide variety of state-of-the-art procedures including DIEP/TUG/PAP as well as several other flap techniques, two-stage tissue expander/implants, and one-stage direct to implant reconstructions. He is also highly-skilled in treating patients with post-surgical lymphedema using the most advanced microsurgical techniques. This includes lymphatic surgery to treat lymphedema and breast cancer-related lymphedema.
As a gender affirmation specialist, Dr. Del Corral is trained to provide comprehensive care and compassionate support for patients who wish to transition their gender. He offers a wide range of both top and bottom surgical procedures for transman, transfemale, and nonbinary individuals, applying cutting edge surgical techniques to streamline and optimize the process of care as well as the process of recovery. Dr. Del Corral is trained and experienced with robotic genital surgery, including vaginoplasty and other phalloplasty procedures. At an increasing rate, he is consulting with and caring for patients who opted to undergo their original gender affirmation surgical procedures at other locations, and may require revisional surgery to resolve problems or concerns. In all cases, Dr. Del Corral’s guiding principle is to “meet patients where they are and guide them through the process of becoming who they want to be.”
Dr. Del Corral is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH), the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, and the American Society of Lymphatic Surgery, among others. He has been named a “Top Doctor” by Baltimore Magazine every year since 2016.
Dr. Del Corral’s Philosophy of Care
“I am passionate about plastic and reconstructive surgery because I have witnessed just how valuable these procedures can be for patients in the process of healing, recovery, and fulfillment of their best and happiest quality of life. It’s never too late to consider reconstructive surgery. I take the time to help my patients understand their options and make decisions they will be happy with, long-term.”
What else distinguishes Dr. Del Corral’s practice from others?
The amount of personal attention you’ll receive from every member of our team. We are committed, above all else, to your comfort, safety and satisfaction.
Learn more about our personal approach to care.
Dr. Del Corral was named “Top Doctor” in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 by the prestigious Baltimore Magazine for aesthetic, breast reconstruction and body contouring.”
Dr. Del Corral is a native of Panama City, Panama. He is fluent in both Spanish and English. He attended medical school at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara and graduated among the top of his class with honors. Dr. Del Corral completed his general surgery training at Lankenau Hospital Center within the Thomas Jefferson Health System, and is double board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He completed a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In a pursuit to learn the most advanced techniques in breast, lower extremity and head and neck reconstruction, Dr. Del Corral completed a microsurgical fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. Over these years, he had the opportunity to work and train under the most prominent authorities in aesthetic, reconstructive and gender surgery.
- January-December 2003, William J Harrington Program, University of Miami
- July 2005-June 2006, General Surgery Internship, Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line Health
- July 2006-June 2010, General Surgery Residency, Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line Health
- July 2010-June 2011, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- July 2011-June 2012, Chief Resident, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- July 2012-June 2013, Microsurgery Fellow, University of Pennsylvania Health System and Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society of Lymphatic Surgery
- American Medical Association – Active Member
- JB Lynch Plastic Surgery Society – Member
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons – Member
- WPATH: World Professional Association of Transgender Health
- Named Top Doc by Baltimore Magazine – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 – for both Plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast reconstruction & body contouring.
- Named “Doctor of the Year” in 2015 for Medstar plastic and reconstructive surgery, Carroll hospital center.