Dr. Del Corral, FACS - Plastic Surgeon
Discover the secret to getting the most natural results:
Gabriel Del Corral, M.D., the region’s most experienced reconstructive microsurgery specialist and the exclusive plastic surgeon for Medstar Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for the Medstar Baltimore North Region. Dr. Del Corral is Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and the Director for the Medstar Center for Gender Affirmation. Dr. Del Corral has been recognized for his advanced techniques and abilities throughout his career. Today, Dr. Del Corral performs over 400 breast surgeries per year and over 200 gender surgeries per year. Dr. Del Corral also performs several “ second opinion’ consultations every week. He also uses the Enhanced recovery protocol (ERAS) to ensure his patients can return to their normal activities as soon as possible. Experienced surgeons provide an added level of comfort and safety. Dr. Del Corral has also a special interest in gender affirmation surgery. Dr. Del Corral has spent time visiting several centers from around the world in the US, Canada, Amsterdam and Belgium. Dr. Del Corral has also participated in several WPATH sponsored courses. Dr. Del Corral uses the most advanced techniques available today to help you achieve a look and feel so natural, only you will know. Explore our state-of-the-art procedures.
What else distinguishes Dr. Del Corral’s practice from others?
The amount of personal attention you’ll receive from every member of our team. We are committed, above all else, to your comfort, safety and satisfaction.
Learn more about our personal approach to care.
Dr. Del Corral was named “Top Doctor” in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 by the prestigious Baltimore Magazine for aesthetic, breast reconstruction and body contouring.”
Dr. Del Corral is a native of Panama City, Panama. He is fluent in both Spanish and English. He attended medical school at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara and graduated among the top of his class with honors. Dr. Del Corral completed his general surgery training at Lankenau Hospital Center within the Thomas Jefferson Health System, and is double board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He completed a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In a pursuit to learn the most advanced techniques in breast, lower extremity and head and neck reconstruction, Dr. Del Corral completed a microsurgical fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. Over these years, he had the opportunity to work and train under the most prominent authorities in aesthetic, reconstructive and gender surgery.
- January-December 2003, William J Harrington Program, University of Miami
- July 2005-June 2006, General Surgery Internship, Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line Health
- July 2006-June 2010, General Surgery Residency, Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line Health
- July 2010-June 2011, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- July 2011-June 2012, Chief Resident, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- July 2012-June 2013, Microsurgery Fellow, University of Pennsylvania Health System and Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
- Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society of Lymphatic Surgery
- American Medical Association – Active Member
- JB Lynch Plastic Surgery Society – Member
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons – Member
- WPATH: World Professional Association of Transgender Health
- Named Top Doc by Baltimore Magazine – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 – for both Plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast reconstruction & body contouring.
- Named “Doctor of the Year” in 2015 for Medstar plastic and reconstructive surgery, Carroll hospital center.